Enter the Esri Indonesia Young Scholar Award competition
The 2022 Esri Young Scholar award offers university students from across the country the chance to kickstart their career in geospatial science.
Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students at Indonesian universities studying spatial disciplines, the competition celebrates excellence, innovation, and creativity in the use of GIS applications to drive positive outcomes.
Students can enter by submitting a project, software development, application or research paper that leverages GIS. This can be a current passion project, or work completed in the previous university year.
As well as receiving several great prizes, the winner will have their work displayed at the Esri UC - the world's largest spatial technology conference.
Not to mention, the winner will also have the chance to network with both Esri Education staff and other Young Scholar Award recipients.
How to enter
To be in the running to become Indonesia’s 2022 Esri Young Scholar, you need to submit an exciting project or research paper that uses Esri GIS technology.
Submissions must include:
- A Young Scholar entry (software development/application or report)
- A written response (no more than 500 words) outlining the purpose of your project, its value, and why you should be Indonesia’s Esri Young Scholar
- A one-page poster that provides an overview of your project or report. The poster must be 300dpi and a .pdf or .png file.
Entries for the 2022 competition have now closed.
The winning student will receive a prize package including:
- A subsidised university tuition fee
- An Esri Technical Certification exam voucher
- Your work displayed for thousands of GIS users from around the world in the Esri User Conference Map Gallery
- The opportunity to network with international Young Scholar Award recipients
- An ArcGIS for Personal Use license (12-month license)
- A chance to kickstart your career
View the 2022 competition terms and conditions
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
Creativity and/or innovation
Application of Esri technology
The judging panel will select the 2022 Indonesian Esri Young Scholar, with a public announcement made via Esri Indonesia’s website and social media channels.